“SIM is an international, inter-denominational mission organization with more than 1600 missionaries serving in more than 50 countries on five continents. More than anything else, SIM is people – a family of believers dedicated to reaching the unreached with the good news of Jesus Christ.
SIM offers many opportunities for service in Africa, Asia, Europe, and North and South America. SIM members not only serve in diverse geographical areas, but are international themselves, coming from more than 30 countries. They serve in a wide spectrum of career fields, and there are openings for people of every race and nationality with almost any skill.”
SIM is a “Gospel community” that is:
- Committed to Biblical Truth: We are committed to biblical truth and joyfully affirm historic, evangelical Christianity. With courage, we declare to the nations the good news of new life in Jesus Christ.
- Dependent on God: “By Prayer” and in faith we depend on God for the provision of all our needs. We will demonstrate diligence, integrity, sharing, and accountability in cultivating and using the resources God provides.
- People of Prayer: Prayer is foundational in our life and ministry. “By Prayer” we praise God, seek His direction, request resources, and call upon the Holy Spirit to empower our ministries.
- Mission-Focused: We are committed to the urgent and unfinished task of making disciples of Jesus Christ in all nations. In doing this we desire to work in loving, trusting, interdependent relationships with churches and other partners who share our vision.
- Church-Centered: We are committed to being a Mission that begins, nurtures, and equips churches to be the expression of Christ in their communities and to reach out with cross-cultural missionary vision and action.
- Concerned About Human Needs: We humbly acknowledge that the ultimate human need is to know God. We also believe that He has called us to compassionate, holistic service in this broken world by alleviating suffering, fostering development, and effecting change in society.
- A Christlike Community: We desire to be a transforming community dedicated to becoming like Christ in love, servanthood, holiness, and obedience to the Father. We believe that following Christ’s example means sacrifice, sometimes hardship, and perhaps even death.
- A Learning, Growing Community: We believe in the worth and giftedness of each person in SIM and of those we seek to serve. We practise the giving and receiving of discipleship, life-long learning, consultative leadership, mutual development, and training as enduring disciplines.
- Strengthened Through Diversity: We are intentionally interdenominational, international, and multi-ethnic. We believe this expresses the unity of the body of Christ in the world. We believe we will be more effective in ministry as we incorporate the richness of cultural diversity in SIM and celebrate our oneness in Christ.
- Responsive to Our Times: We will respond with creativity and courage to evolving needs and opportunities under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. To be effective and relevant, our ministries, priorities, and structures are subject to ongoing evaluation and adaptation.
The opinions expressed on this site are our own opinions. They are not necessarily the opinions or views of our employer, SIM.